This post is a tutorial on how to increase the number of projects and tasks that the Project Planner (Advanced) Excel Template – v2 can handle.
To increase the number of tasks, please do the following.
- Unhide a sheet named Scheduler
Project Planner (Advanced) Excel Template – Unhiding Scheduler
- Go to cell OC253. You can do this easily by pressing Ctrl+G and typing OC253 in the window.
- Click the little arrow at bottom right of the cell and expand down to include more rows. You have now expanded the number of tasks.
Please be aware that as you increase the number of tasks, Excel needs to make hundreds of thousands of extra calculations. So, please add a few tasks at a time to see how Excel responds.
Let’s assume we increased by 10 rows (tasks).
- Unhide H_RES sheet;
- Select cells A252 and A253. Drag down to A273. This will add numbers 254 to 263.
- Select B253 to NE253; Drag the formulas down to 10 more rows.
- Unhide H_BP sheet;
- Select cells C253 to NE253; Drag the formulas down to 10 more rows.
To increase the number of projects in Summary view
- Go to PLAN SUMMARY sheet and click on the REVIEW ribbon and choose ‘Unprotect Sheet’.
- Enter Password (provided in the SETTINGS sheet). You can now make changes to the sheet.
- Go to cell P55 and extend the table as shown below.
To increase the number of projects in the timeline view
- Select cells R55 to BT55.
- Drag the mouse down to copy the cells (as many rows as you did earlier)
- Press Ctrl+1 to open the formatting dialog box.
- Click on the centre horizontal line border. This would remove the unnecessary border lines.