Small Business PTO Manager Excel Template – Support

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Thanks for visiting the support page for PTO Manager Excel Template. The following are the support articles to help you get started with using the template. If there are any questions not addressed here, please drop a comment and I will add article/video demo about that topic.

Support Articles

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

109 Comments

• I have an employee who’s sick for 4 days. I’ve entered the 4 dates of time off at 8 hours per day, in the Time Off worksheet (ie. the total time off is 32 hours). However, the PTO report will only take off 16 hours. Please help resolve, thank you.

• Thank you for using our template.

Requesting to confirm whether there are any weekends or holidays between the applied days. If no, requesting to share your sheet to support@indzara.com with the details of employee and dates applied to check further.

Best wishes.

• Hello,
    After entering 90 Day Probation Period on the Policy Settings Tab, it does not reflect the correct Eligible to Accrue Start Date on the Reports Tab. Instead it is reflecting 30 days. Not sure if the error is occurring because I did create a second spreadsheet for Sick Time by using Save As and renamed this second Spreadsheet to Sick Days. After renaming, I then just changed the info in Policy Settings to reflect the correct info for how this Benefit accrues which is different from the other vacation and holiday benefits spreadsheet where the probation period IS 30 days.

• We regret the inconvenience caused.

Saving a copy of the file using Save As will not affect the sheet’s calculation but we are unable to replicate the issue from our end. Hence requesting to share your sheet to support@indzara.com with some sample data of the highlighted concern to check further.

Best wishes.

• What is the correct way to change the last name of an employee. I tried changing and putting in the sheet in alphabetical order by cut and insert cut cells, but it wiped out all entries we had entered previously, leaving totals at zero.

• If you want to change the name for one employee, you can type above it in employee tab to change the same. But cutting and inserting the cell will create complications.

Requesting to share your sheet to support@indzara.com and highlight your requirement to check further.

Best wishes.

• So if I am understanding your answer, i can change the name, but cannot put in alphabetical order. Is this correct?
        Sorry this took so long to answer. I assumed I would get an email or something showing I had an answer to my question.
        Tami

• No, you can filter the data alphabetical order without issue. If you change the name of the employee in employee table, the same changes need to be done in the Leave tab for that particular employee on all entries manually (Filter -> Change the name on first row -> select all filtered employee name -> CTRL+D to duplicate the correct employee name). Cutting a cell and inserting the same in employee table might disrupt the table reference/format.

Best wishes.

• If my associates use more PTO than allowed is it possible to show a negative number on their report?

• Disregard my comment. I figured it out. Thank you! The sheet is awesome by the way!

• Thank you for using our template.

We are glad that your concern has been resolved.

Best wishes.

• My PTO reports are not showing current PTO balance even though all the information is entered and shows on the balance trend chart

• Is there an option for setting up the rollover PTO to drop off after 3 months? Currently, our employees can carry over a maximum of 40 hours of PTO but the remaining rollover balance ends after 90 days.

• Thank you for using our template.

Currently, the requested feature is not available in the template but this can be achieved by entering the manual adjustment.

Best wishes.

• Hello! Our accountants like to see any unused vacation time X the employee’s hourly rate, at year-end. How could I go about figuring this information for them using the PTO Manager v1.6?

• Thank you for using our template.

Currently, you will have to manually calculate it from PTO Report calendar by subtracting the total used with Earned for each employee.
      Requesting to contact support@indzara.com for more help.

Best wishes.

• Please i need help to accrue PTO for 2021 for my employee, i open my chart and show me 0 balance today date 01.04.2021

• We have 4 employees and vacation accrual happens on their individual work anniversary dates with no rollover. Is it possible to configure the spreadsheet in this way?

• Currently vacation accrual on calendar year is available but vacation accrual on employee anniversary is not available. However, I would like to inform you that the requested feature is under development and we will intimate you once it is updated online.
      Best wishes.