You can migrate your data from v1 file to the new v2 file in less than 10 minutes. Please watch the video below where I demonstrate how to do it.
- PRODUCTS Sheet
- Copy all the five columns and paste
- If you had chosen YES for ‘Do you Hold Finished Goods Inventory’ setting in v1, then type YES in the HOLD PRODUCT AS FINISHED GOOD? column in v2.
- RAW_MATERIALS Sheet
- Copy all the four columns and paste
- MANUFACTURING_DETAILS Sheet
- Copy the first three columns and paste
- PARTNERS Sheet
- From v1 ORDER DETAILS sheet, select the PARTNER column data and then paste in PARTNER NAME field
- Click on DATA Ribbon –> Remove Duplicates. This will create the unique list of Partner names
- ORDERS Sheet
- Copy (Order Number, Order Type and Order Date) and paste
- Copy PARTNER column and paste in PARTNER NAME column
- Click on DATA Ribbon –> Remove Duplicates. This will create the unique list of Orders
- ORDER_DETAILS Sheet
- Copy ORDER NUMBER column data and paste
- Copy EXPECTED DATE column data and paste
- Copy PRODUCT NAME, QUANTITY and UNIT PRICE columns and paste
- From the DATA Ribbon, please choose Refresh All. This will update all the calculations in the Template. Now, The Product Report, Raw Materials report and Sales report will have updated numbers.
After migrating, please review the template and make sure that everything is according to your expectations.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment.