This page will host supporting information for the Resource Capacity Planner Excel Template which can be used to plan resource capacity, compare versus demand and identify over-utilization and under-utilization.
To know the features of this template, please visit the product page.
The latest version (v2) was published in July 2018.
The following are the support articles to help you get started with using the template. If there are any questions not addressed here, please drop a comment and I will add article/video demo about that topic.
- Please see this article on Important Tips before using the template
- Do not edit calculated cells
- Input Data is always visible & can be edited easily
- Backup by saving file regularly
- Refresh Calculations when Pivot Tables are used
- This template uses Excel tables for data entry. If you are not very familiar with Excel tables, please see this article on How to enter data using Excel Tables?
- What is a Table?
- Why do we use Tables?
- Components of a Table
- 3 Basic Data Entry Operations
- 5 Essential Tips to avoid mistakes
- Step by Step User Guide
- Step by step user guide to Resource Capacity Planner Excel template.
- Learn how to enter input data on capacity and demand.
- Find how to use the Capacity planning Dashboard and Calendar to identify over-utilization and under-utilization.
- Learn how to address over-utilization and under-utilization to improve the plan
If you have any questions on the template, please post them in the comments section below. I will respond as soon as I can. If it will benefit others, I will also publish a blog post and video answering your question.