U.S. State Heat Map Excel template makes it easy to create a geographic heat map at the state level for 50 states of the U.S.
Features of U.S. State Heat Map Excel Template
- Instant Heat maps in Excel.
- Print or Save as PDF.
- Copy the Heat map and paste it into other applications such as PowerPoint and Word.
- Accepts State full names as well as standard abbreviations.
- By default creates a gradient scale heat map.
- You can also customize by selecting 6 different data ranges and choosing custom colors (from 7 different colors).
- Displays data labels (that can be different from the data) on the map.
- Customize title and note as needed.
HOW TO USE
- Enter Tile and Note as needed.
- Copy and paste the data from other sources into the template. Or you can type the data directly.
- Choose whether you would like to see data labels appear on the map
- By default, the map shows gradient color scale with dark red being the lowest value and the dark green being the highest value. If you don’t prefer the gradient scale, you can change that by choosing YES to the ‘Use Data Ranges?’ question. You can have up to 6 groups/buckets and you can choose a color for each group. There are seven colors to choose from. In the example ranges, states with value from 0 to 1001 will be in RED whereas states with >=10001 will be in BLUE.
- View/Print/Export the Heat map. Or you can copy the image and paste in other applications as needed.
In Excel, when you try to print, the print area in the file is already pre-set to print only the map.
If you would like to print the entire sheet, click ‘Ignore print area’ when you print (as shown in the image below). That would print the entire sheet.
If you would like the entire sheet to be saved in PDF, choose Options and check the ‘Ignore Print Area’ option.
You can also copy the image by right clicking on the map and choosing ‘Copy’. You can then paste in other applications such as PowerPoint and Word.