Generate and manage invoices, and payments by customers with this simple excel spreadsheet template: Invoice Manager Excel Template.
Features of Invoice Manager Excel Template
- Generate printable and customizable invoices per your small business needs.
- Assign payments against invoices automatically.
- Know exactly which invoices are past due and which customers are owe the most balance amount with our dashboard.
- Get insights on which customers and invoice categories are bringing revenue to your business.
- Manage and generate invoices and manage payments in one file using a simple data entry framework.
- Partial Payments, Payments across multiple invoices, and extra payments are handled.
- Dashboard showing trend of invoice revenue and top customers with revenue and balance.
- Unpaid Invoices Report shows all current and past due invoices with invoice aging.
- Print a customer report showing all or past due invoices.
- Print invoices with customizable fields.
Simple Data Entry
The template uses a very simplified but effective data entry mechanism.
For invoice generation,
List all the items or products and their details along with applicable taxes in the “Items” sheet. This is customizable per your business requirement.
Enter the list of customer details like their billing and shipping addresses in the Customer sheet that shall appear in the invoice.
For invoice generation, enter the list of items, its quantity (if applicable), amount, discount etc.,. against each invoice in the “Order Details” sheet, this will be used to generate invoice for each invoice number.
Once the above details are given, the invoice sheet which is printable and has customizable columns is ready to use. All you need to enter is the invoice number in the given cell, choose columns per your requirement, the invoice gets automatically generated.
You can print this or share as PDF. Change the picture (logo) to you liking.
For managing invoices, enter all invoices and their details in the Invoice table.
All Payments are entered in Payments table.
There are two types of payments – invoice payments and bulk payments.
Invoice payments are payments made against a specific Invoice (via Invoice number). Invoice Payments can be partial or full.
Bulk Payments are payments that are made against multiple invoices. Any payment made without an invoice number is considered a bulk payment.
The Invoice Manager Excel Template will automatically apply any bulk payment made by customer to invoices that are unpaid for that customer.
Overpayment whether on an invoice or via bulk payment are also appropriately calculated and displayed in Customer report.
Dashboard provides a summary of Total invoice amount, total paid and remaining balance amounts.
The following visuals are shown in the dashboard:
Invoice Amount by Invoice Month – Displays revenue trend
Balance Amount by Due Month – Displays when balance amount will be due (future revenue projection)
Invoice Amount by Invoice Category – Identifies categories that bring most revenue to your business
Top 10 Customers by Invoice Amount – Customers that bring most revenue to your business.
Top 10 Customers by Balance Amount – Customers who owe the most to your business now
Unpaid Invoice Report
The report shows all unpaid invoices – broken down into Current and Past Due invoices. You can use this report as one place to see all invoices past due and take necessary actions to follow up with those customers.
- Invoice Aging is automatically calculated and displayed in the report
- Invoices due today are highlighted in blue.
- At a time, 20 current and 20 past invoices can be viewed. To see the next set of invoices, just type in 21 to see invoices 21 to 40.
This allows generating a report of all invoices for a specific customer by typing in a customer name.
You can choose to display all invoices or just Past Due invoices. It can display 30 invoices at a time, and you can choose to display next set of 30 invoices easily.
We have a step-by-step guide on how to use the Invoice Manager Excel Template.