Project Planner (Advanced) – Excel Template
Plan your projects quickly with the new Project Planner (Advanced) template.
- Determine if/when projects will complete
- Estimate the cost of each project
- Prepare project, resource & task schedules
- Understand resource utilization
- Identify opportunities to improve project completions & resource management
- Easy to use. Plan your projects in few minutes.
- Saves time by automatically scheduling tasks
- Ready-made printable schedules and plan
- Flexible in accommodating common scenarios
- All within Microsoft Excel. No programming used.
You need a copy of Microsoft Excel. Supported versions: Microsoft Excel for Windows (2007, 2010 and 2013), Microsoft Excel for Mac (2011)
PRODUCT TOUR VIDEO
- Automatic scheduling of tasks given the inputs
- Planning done at the granular unit of hours
- Instantly create resource, task and project schedules (Gantt charts)
- Schedule based on Project and Task prioritization
- Resource can work on parallel projects
- Each task can have up to two predecessors (dependencies)
- A task begins the day after its predecessors have ended.
- Project Start Dates can be restricted (optional)
- Project/Task due dates can be input (optional) to compute completion on time
- Customize company weekends (non-working days) and holidays
- Each resource can have different work hours for each weekday
- Each resource can have personal leave days (partial or full)
- Each resource can have different cost per hour
For detailed instructions on how to use the Excel Template, please visit the support page.
The template will automatically schedule tasks. You don’t have to manually specify who should work on which task for how many hours on each day. It needs just the following inputs:
- Hours Required to complete a task
- Resource assigned to the task
- Resource availability.
It will automatically create the schedule as seen below in the Gantt chart below.
CONTROL THE SCHEDULE EASILY
Though the template will create schedule automatically, you can still control the schedule in many ways.
- Enter Project Preferred Start Date (date before which Project should not start)
- Enter Task Preferred Start Date (date before which Task should not start)
- Prioritize Projects to ensure that higher priority projects are handled first
- Prioritize Tasks within a project to ensure that higher priority tasks are done first
- Control Maximum allocation % of resource to a task, so that a resource can work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Up to 2 Predecessors can be assigned for each task to reflect the dependencies
APPLICABLE TO PRACTICAL SCENARIOS
The template accommodates common practical business scenarios by providing options to handle the following resource availability constraints.
- Resource availability by weekday
- Resource personal leave in hours
- Company Holidays
- Company Weekends
IMPROVED PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Visual cues to identify projects and tasks that will not complete, that will complete late and those that will start late
- Instant access to resource utilization info. and Cost.
READY-MADE GANTT CHARTS AND REPORTING
- Printable Project and resource summary with visual timelines
- Customizable Gantt charts (daily/weekly/monthly) and any start date.
- Up to 30 resources can be included in planning
- Maximum planning period is 366 days
- Each task can have up to 2 predecessors. A task begins the day after its predecessors end.
- By default limited to 250 tasks and 50 projects, but can easily be extended
If you are not satisfied with the product, please e-mail email@example.com and we will issue a full refund.
FILE DELIVERY PROCESS
You will be able to download the file immediately upon payment. You will also receive an e-mail immediately with the download link.
All future updates and upgrades are absolutely free.