Combinations Generator Toolkit is a collection of Excel Templates that will allow you to instantly generate combinations from single list or multiple lists.
- Instantly generate combinations – All required formulas are embedded.
- Simple and Effective – Easy to use. Just type the items.
- Customize the delimiter value between items.
- Copy the combinations and paste (as values) in any file.
- Two templates: supporting Single list and Multiple Lists.
Let us take a couple of examples to illustrate the functionality of the templates.
For example, let us take a list of 4 car manufacturers: Audi, BMW, Cadillac and Dodge. If we would like to generate combinations of them with 2 items, we would get 6 combinations, as shown below.
Audi – BMW, Audi – Cadillac, Audi – Dodge, BMW – Cadillac, BMW – Dodge, Cadillac – Dodge
The template would help generate this for your list of items.
If we want to generate combinations of 3 items at a time, we can change the R to be 3. Now, we would get 4 combinations as listed below.
If we need to pick an item from each list and we have 3 lists, the Multiple Lists version can support that. If we have car manufacturers in list 1 (Audi, BMW, Cadillac), Type of car in the second list (Sedan, SUV) and Number of doors in the third list (2 Door, 4 Door).
The template can now generate the following 12 combinations automatically.
For a good overview of Combinations and Permutations, please visit https://www.mathsisfun.com/combinatorics/combinations-permutations.html
If you need a customized version of combinations generator, please email us at email@example.com and we can develop a solution for a fee.
- Single List: N = 20, R = 7
- Multi-List: 10 lists, 20 items in each list
- For scenarios not supported in the templates, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can develop a customized solution for a fee.