This Google Sheet template provides a simple and effective solution for managing the retail and wholesale business for small business owners. The template includes order management, inventory management, finance management, invoice and purchase order generation, data management, and extensive business performance reporting. It is designed to be a generic solution for any retail business regardless of the type of products sold.
- Order Management
- 5 types of orders
- Handles returns
- Auto-populate product prices in orders
- Inventory Management:
- Calculates the current inventory of a product.
- Set re-order points and know what to order.
- Checks availability while creating invoices.
- Finance Management:
- Track payments on orders.
- Handles Tax.
- Handles product level and order level discounts.
- Track operational expenses.
- Calculates COGS, Gross, and Net Profit.
- Invoice / P.O.:
- Generate automatic Invoice/P.O.
- Export to PDF or Print.
- Customize with logo and data as needed.
- Data Management:
- Easily accessible Product and Order Lists.
- Organized Customer/Supplier data.
- Maintain product price data.
- 6 Page interactive report.
- 12-month trends of all key metrics.
- Identify the best products and partners.
- Inventory Value calculation.
- Know when payments are due
The template takes a simple approach where the user will enter data in these key areas: Products, Prices, Partners, Order Headers, Order Details and Expenses. Then, it automatically calculates the Invoice, Purchase Order and Report sheets.
5 types of orders (Purchase, Sale, Estimate, Quote and Adjust) are handled. Customer returns and Supplier returns can be easily handled.
Inventory Management Software
We will have instant access to the current inventory levels of each product. We can set re-order points to determine if a product needs to be ordered.
We can check inventory levels on the invoice to ensure that we can fulfill the sales orders.
Invoices and Purchase orders can be created on demand anytime by just typing the order number.
They can be customized to suit your needs. We can change the logo and the fields displayed easily.
Finance Management (Accounting)
- The template can handle tax rates at order level and taxability at product level.
- Discounts can be entered for each product on the order as well as order level discounts.
- Additional order charges such as shipping charges can be entered as well.
- Profitability of the business is calculated
- Gross Profit = Sales Amount – Cost of Goods Sold COGS
- Net profit = Gross Profit – Operating Expenses
- Payments made on orders can be entered and the template will calculate the amount due on each order.
Current status of Inventory and Money will be automatically calculated and displayed.
Report can be customized for a time window by choosing start and end dates.
Monthly breakdown of 10 metrics are shown. Sales Amount, Cost of Goods Sold, Gross Profit, Operating Expenses, Net profit, Sales Quantity, Purchase Quantity, Purchase Amount, Quantity Returned by Customers and Quantity Returned to Suppliers.
We can see which product categories and products are among the top 10 and bottom 10. We can also choose our Sales metric to be Quantity, Amount or Margin to truly understand the best contributing products.
We can also choose one specific product and see its performance and current inventory levels.
Similar to products, we can understand the performance of our partners (customers and suppliers).