School Attendance Register and Report (Excel template)

Update: There is a new enhanced version of this template with 1) complete flexibility in choosing weekends and 2) accommodation of entry of late attendance by students. Please visit School Attendance Register and Report v2 (Excel Template)

PURPOSE

• To use as an attendance register tool
  • To create class attendance reports
  • To create student attendance reports
  • Can be used in schools and educational institutes
  • Can also be used at work places to track employee attendance
Attendance Register Template - Class Attendance Report
Attendance Register Template – Class Attendance Report

VIDEO DEMO

FEATURES

• Can track attendance for up to 50 students
  • Customizable academic window (up to 366 working days)
  • Choice for Weekends: 1) Sundays 2) Saturdays and Sundays
  • Up to 20 school Holidays can be entered
  • Customizable ‘pass requirement’ for attendance rate
  • Ready to print Class and Student Attendance Reports
  • Friendly features for easy data entry
  • Data validation and tips to help identify errors in data
  • No Macros
WHAT’S IN THE TEMPLATE?
The template has 4 worksheets
  • Settings
  • Attendance Register
  • Class Attendance Report
  • Student Attendance Report

HOW TO USE THE TEMPLATE
  1. Enter information in the Settings worksheet
  2. Enter information in the Attendance Register daily
  3. View and print Class Attendance Report when needed
  4. View and print Student Attendance Report when needed
    • Choose a student name to print

To restart, create a new document or delete all the attendance register entries and start with Step 1.

SETTINGS
School Attendance Register Template - Enter Settings
School Attendance Register Template – Enter Settings
Instructions
  • Enter information in the fields shaded in light blue colour
  • Make sure that there are no errors in your inputs
  • Error messages will disappear after you correct them
  • Reports will not be accurate until all the errors are corrected

ATTENDANCE REGISTER
School Attendance Register Excel Template - Attendance Register Format
School Attendance Register Excel Template – Attendance Register Format
Instructions
  • Enter Student Roll No.
  • Enter Student Name
  • Enter P for Present or A for Absent for each student for each day
  • Do not change the cells shaded in Gray colour as they have formulas
  • Student names should be unique

CLASS ATTENDANCE REPORT

• School Information
    • Class information
    • Overall and monthly summary of Student’s attendance
    • Students not meeting attendance requirements highlighted
    • Student’s daily attendance
      • Present, Absent, Holidays, Weekends and Not Entered

Please use the template and provide me feedback on how this can be improved.

36 Comments

• hello, the excel spreadsheet doesn’t work, it doesn’t sum up in the reports, it’s just blank.

• The spreadsheet has been tested and is used by thousands of users. Please mention the Excel version and Operating system you are using. Thanks.

• i like this attendance sheet for automatic generation of student attendance…only 1 doute is where to add subject name ,monthly record subject wise,total lecture taken out of, theory and practical record…

plz, tell me..

• Thank you. This template is to just track attendance overall and not subjects. Sorry.
      Best wishes.

• Hi there,

Is it possible to increase the codes for attendance to more than 5?

I have bought the spreadsheet. We use more than 5 codes here in school.

• Thanks for purchasing.
      Increasing the number of codes will require development effort. I will follow up via email.
      Best wishes.

• I am sorry. I am not clear about what the trouble is. Once you fill out the first sheet with dates and holidays/weekends, the attendance register should populate with dates. Then, you can enter student names and start typing attendance entries. If there are further questions, please email at indzara at gmail. Thanks & Best wishes.

• Hi,

First of all, thank you for such a wonderful template. I would like to know if it possible to put a long holiday instead of a daily one.

We have several holidays which span over a couple of weeks and a holiday which spans over 6 weeks.

Regards,

Zain

• Hello and thank you for the template, it has been very useful.
    Is there a way to edit the attendance register to include Late attendance with the Absent and Present selections in the drop down list?

Thanks,
    Cory

• Hello Cory,
      Thanks for using the template.

I need to make some changes to include late attendance.

How do you count late attendance in evaluating whether the student has sufficient attendance? For example, in the template, I look at the % of days present. If we allow late attendance, would that be counted as present, absent or a new category? Please let me know.

• Late attendance in my case still counts as a student being present so it wouldn’t affect the % of days present figure, but just needs to be kept track of.

• Hello Cory,

Thanks for your response. I am working on the new version. I will post it as soon as I complete. I will also make it flexible to define workdays and weekends.

• The update is very good thank you. The late attendance works exactly how I imagined. The flexible weekend addition is quite useful as well, Great work!

• I am glad you like the template.

I was able to make the improvements only because of your feedback. Thank you.

• Hi

I HAVE DOWNLOADED YOUR ATTENDANCE TEMPLATE I HAVE BEEN
    WAITING A VERY LONG TIME FOR SUCH A FRIENDLY TEMPLATE EASY TO USE THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I HAD A PROBLEM ON THE STUDENT ATTENDANCE THE REPORT THE SHEET DOES NOT SUM UP ITSELF
    AS SHOWN ON THE VIDEO, 100% ATTENDANCE STILL REMAINS AT FAIL.

HOPE YOU CAN HELP THANKS ONCE AGAIN

OZZY

• Hello Ozzy,

Thanks for downloading the template.

Are you saying that all the students get FAIL status?

What did you enter for ‘Minimum required Attendance Rate’ in the ‘Settings’ worksheet?

Can you please post a screenshot or a video explaining your situation, so that I can understand the problem?

• Sir how can I configure weekends are Holidays?
    we’re just having 4 days on school and it’s
    Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday…can you please help me.?

Thanks in Advance ^_^…this is a great template..:)

please contact me @my email add thanks sir