Please see below, a quick 5 minute demo of this template.
- Enter your (numeric) data in the data column and the map image on the right gets updated.
- Please make sure that the state (or union territory) names you enter in column A are spelled the same way as they are
- They are currently ordered alphabetically. However, you may choose to enter them in any order.
- You can print the sheet if needed
- You can copy the image and paste it in other applications such as Microsoft Word or PowerPoint
The template has a hidden worksheet where the outline of India and States/Union territories were drawn with the cells pointing to corresponding data. Conditional formatting has been used to create the heat map. If you would like to change the colour gradient, read this article.
If you know of better ways to do this or if you use any application to create such heat maps for India, please share your thoughts.