This post demonstrates how to migrate data from the free Inventory and Sales Management Excel template to the premium version. It should take less than 10 minutes to migrate and get all the additional benefits of the premium Excel template. The following video demonstrates the process and the steps are also explained in the post below.
- Enter Basic business info in the premium template. Enter Location if you need to change it
- Copy Products data from free template and then paste as values in cell B6 in PRODUCTS sheet in premium template.
- Enter Product Ids Copy/Paste from your source or Type them in. If you don’t have Product IDs yet, then you can type 1, 2 and then fill the column.
- Ignore Starting Inventory sheet
- Copy Paste Partner Names from ORDERS_AND_INVENTORY sheet in the free template to the PARTNERS sheet in premium template
- Remove Duplicates
- Enter Partner IDs, Shipping address, Billing address, etc.
- From ORDERS_AND_INVENTORY sheet in the free template, copy first three columns and then paste as values in Cell A6 in ORDERS table in the premium template.
- Copy Partner name column to ORDERS table.
- Select ORDER TYPE column values. Press Control+F (Find and Replace). Replace Purchase with PURCHASE and Sale with SALE.
- Remove duplicates
- Enter Location.
- ORDER DETAILS
- From ORDERS_AND_INVENTORY sheet in the free template, copy columns (Order Number, Expected Date, Product Name, Quantity, Unit Price) to ORDER_DETAILS sheet in the premium template.
- Refresh data
With this, you have now migrated all your data to the premium excel template.
The Retail Inventory and Sales Manager is suited for managing inventory and sales if you are running a business of buying products from suppliers and selling to customers. This Excel document will assist in knowing the inventory levels of each product and understanding which products to re-order. You can also create invoices instantly and print or save as PDF. In addition, you can quickly view the purchases/sales patterns over time and identify the best performing products.
You need a copy of Microsoft Excel to open this file. The product has been tested in
- Excel for Windows (2007 or 2010 or 2013)
- Excel for Mac (2011) – Since Excel for Mac doesn’t support Slicers and Pivot Charts, Analysis sheet is not available. Analysis Details sheet provides tables but not the charts. Please e-mail at indzara at gmail if there are questions.
Press Ctrl+1 or click on the Number format menu.
3. WORKING WITH EXCEL TABLES
The template has several Excel Tables (link to Microsoft help). If you type data in the row after the last row of the table, then the table expands and includes your new row of data automatically. For deleting rows from a table, select cells from rows that you would like to delete. Right Click and select Delete—> Table Rows. This is the recommended way of adding and deleting data from tables.
Please try the new version and let me know your feedback.