2023 Inventory and Sales Manager Excel Template
This Inventory and Sales Manager Excel template is suited for managing inventory and sales if you are running a small business of buying products from suppliers and selling to customers. (Retail/Wholesale).
This retail inventory excel template will assist in knowing the inventory levels of each product and understanding which products to re-order. Also, you can quickly view the purchases/sales patterns over time and the best-performing products.
This Excel template is designed for Microsoft Excel, but if you are looking for a Google Sheet template, please visit Inventory and Sales Manager in Google Sheets.
A new version is available with additional features such as auto-price population. The new template has automatic price population on order line items which this one doesn’t. There are some users who do not want to auto-populate the prices as they want flexibility to change prices for different customers. For those, the template on this page would be more useful. Hence, we have retained both templates on our site.Retail inventory Tracker (Free)
- Enter and manage up to 2000 different Products
- Set custom re-order points for each product
- Simple and Easy data entry
- Know current inventory levels of each product
- Identify the products to be re-ordered
- Know if the sale orders can be fulfilled
- Easily understand the sales and purchase patterns (monthly and cumulative)
- Quickly see your top customers and suppliers
- Identify your best performing products
- Know how the different product categories contribute to sales
- Easily retrieve and view your order details
Free Excel inventory template with formulas
This template is developed using only formulas and does not have any macros or code. Formulas are used to calculate inventory and sales. You can view the formulas in the sheet and can edit them if needed. We recommend not editing any formulas unless you are very sure about the changes and the impact on functionality.
Windows and Excel 2010 (or above version)
Mac and Excel 2011 (or above version)
HOW TO USE THE TEMPLATE
Enter list of products and re-order points in the Products worksheet
Product Category: This allows you to categorize products. If you have numerous products, categorizing similar products together can help in understanding product performance.
Re-order Point: Amount that you set for each product, where when the current inventory level hits that amount, you will place a new purchase order to replenish inventory. (For more, read Re-Order Point Article in Wikipedia)
Enter the line items for all the orders (both purchase and sale) in the Orders_and_Inventory worksheet
If you have any existing inventory when you start using the template, enter them first. You can then continue to enter your new orders (purchase and sales) as they happen. The template will then give you accurate count of your inventory.
- Order Number: This Order number is not used in the template to calculate anything. This has been provided for you to track your orders easily. You can filter the Orders table by choosing specific order number to see all the items in that order. If your systems generate any order numbers, you can enter them here. If you don’t have any such systems, you can create your own. The only recommendation is that you should have a unique order number for each order.
- Order Type: There are two types of Orders: Purchase and Sale. When you place an order to acquire products from suppliers, it is called a Purchase order. When your customer places an order to buy products from you, it is called a Sale.
- Order Date: For Purchase orders, this is the date when the order is placed by you to your supplier. For Sale orders, this is the date when the order is placed by your customer to you.
- Expected Date: For Purchase orders, this is the date when the inventory becomes available for you to sell. For Sale orders, this is the date when the inventory will leave you to the customer.
- Partner: For Purchase orders, your supplier is the Partner. For Sale orders your customer is the Partner.
- Quantity: Number of units of products. The unit can be any numeric value. Even if your unit is not whole numbers, you can still use the Quantity field.
- Unit Price: In Purchase orders, this is the cost of buying one unit of the product. In Sale orders, this is the revenue from selling one unit of the product.
- Amount (Calculated field): (Unit Price X Quantity) = represents the amount of money. In Purchase orders this would be money leaving you and in Sale orders, this would be money that customers pay you.
- Inventory Availability (Calculated field): This is the quantity (number of items) of the product available in inventory as of the Expected Date.
View information about overall inventory availability
Inventory Spreadsheet Excel Template – Summary Metrics
- Current Inventory of a product = (Total Purchases of Product – Total Sales of Product) as of today
- Products Available: Number of Products where the current inventory level is greater than 0.
- Quantity: Total Number of items of all Products currently available
- Products to Re-order: Number of Products where the current inventory is less than or equal to the re-order point
- Order Items that cannot be fulfilled (Current): Among the orders where the fulfillment date is less than or equal to today, number of line items in orders where the available inventory is less than the Sale quantity
- Order Items that cannot be fulfilled (Future): Among the orders where the fulfillment date is in the future, number of line items in orders where the available inventory is less than the Sale quantity
View details of one specific product
Choose a product from the drop down and see details of that specific product.
Choose Product to view current inventory
- Pending Purchase Quantity: Quantity in the Purchase Orders that are expected to be available in the future
- Pending Sale Quantity: Quantity in the Sale Orders that are expected to be delivered in the future
View products to re-order
If there are line items that cannot be fulfilled or if there are products to re-order, take actions appropriately
View the Report worksheet to understand the purchase/sales trends and also to identify the top performing products and most valuable suppliers/customers.
Since there are pivot tables and charts, please refresh the data by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F5 or going to DATA ribbon and selecting Refresh All. This updates the charts with your new transactions.
The report sheet has slicers (filters) at the top.
Amount and Cumulative Amount by Month
Quantity and Cumulative Quantity by Month
Amount distributed across Product Categories by Month
Quantity distributed across Product Categories by Month
Amount Distributed across Partners
Product Ranking based on Sales Amount or Quantity
If you find the template useful, please share it with others. If you have any feedback, please share it in the comments below.
Hello, I downloaded the template and follow the instructions, my systems seems not to have recognised my new entries
We are here to help you. Can you send us an email with more details to firstname.lastname@example.org?
Hello, I have been looking for ways to manage the inventory of products sold online by a reseller. I tried entering data and then checking if any reports will show. It gives an invalid reference message. Do need to fulfill sales first before I get any type of report? Thanks.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks for using our template.
The report can be for purchase or sales. You will need to select the relevant option and the report will generate. Please refer to the text article and the attached video at https://indzara.com/2013/07/inventory-and-sales-manager-excel-template/
can i download for free or do i still have to pay end of trial ,
which app can i use for my stationery stock & purchase and grocery stock &purchase.
Hi, I kindly need Retail Sale Manager, I just setup a laundry business with a retail shop. How can you help me. Hope your price is one time payment.
Thanks a i look forward to you.
Thanks for your interest in our template.
This template is designed for any retail business. You will be charged only once and the template can be used by one person at a time. However, we have Google Sheets compatible templates as well. You may check them at https://indzara.com/
Hello, please can you email me Inventory & Sales manager template to this email email@example.com
Thanks for your interest in our template.
Please advise the operating system you are using.
Also, let us know what issues you faced while downloading this template from https://indzara.com/2013/07/inventory-and-sales-manager-excel-template/?
This is a really great sheet, fit most of my requirement but I just need to modified few things. Can you show me where is “Tbl_Current_Inventory”? Things I need to change is covered by “Tbl_Current_Inventory”
Thanks for using our template.
We have used “Named Range”. It points to a group of cells. Please use Name Manager (Ctrl + F3) to see the named ranges in an Excel file. For this template, please unhide the Help tab and you can access the named range “Tbl_Current_inventory”
I tried the template, it full-fills lot of my criteria but need more reports. how can you help on this?
1. expected date: this column should be linked to real date delivery, this will tell me if the goods are running late
2. order no. : this column should take the next no. on its own. and can be changed if i want to.
3. to read the ports, i guess i need to use it more, could not follow much…
otherwise i really like this template and fits very well in my system, Can you help please!!!:)
Thanks for using our template and sharing your valuable feedback.
Due to a heavy workload, we are not accepting any customized projects. We will try to incorporate your recommendations in future releases.
This is realy good..
good day! can you email me the template for inventory and sales manager? thanks
Thanks for your message.
We have templates for Retail Business, Manufacturing and Rental Business.
Please specify the template you need.
hello, can you send this template to me?
Thanks for your interest in our templates.
You can download either a Retail business, Manufacturing or a Rental template from https://indzara.com/2013/07/inventory-and-sales-manager-excel-template/.
Also, please advise us if you are facing any error message while downloading. In case you have faced an error, please revert with the Excel version, Windows version and a screenshot of the error.