2023 Inventory and Sales Manager Excel Template
This Inventory and Sales Manager Excel template is suited for managing inventory and sales if you are running a small business of buying products from suppliers and selling to customers. (Retail/Wholesale).
This retail inventory excel template will assist in knowing the inventory levels of each product and understanding which products to re-order. Also, you can quickly view the purchases/sales patterns over time and the best-performing products.
This Excel template is designed for Microsoft Excel, but if you are looking for a Google Sheet template, please visit Inventory and Sales Manager in Google Sheets.
A new version is available with additional features such as auto-price population. The new template has automatic price population on order line items which this one doesn’t. There are some users who do not want to auto-populate the prices as they want flexibility to change prices for different customers. For those, the template on this page would be more useful. Hence, we have retained both templates on our site.Retail inventory Tracker (Free)
- Enter and manage up to 2000 different Products
- Set custom re-order points for each product
- Simple and Easy data entry
- Know current inventory levels of each product
- Identify the products to be re-ordered
- Know if the sale orders can be fulfilled
- Easily understand the sales and purchase patterns (monthly and cumulative)
- Quickly see your top customers and suppliers
- Identify your best performing products
- Know how the different product categories contribute to sales
- Easily retrieve and view your order details
Free Excel inventory template with formulas
This template is developed using only formulas and does not have any macros or code. Formulas are used to calculate inventory and sales. You can view the formulas in the sheet and can edit them if needed. We recommend not editing any formulas unless you are very sure about the changes and the impact on functionality.
Windows and Excel 2010 (or above version)
Mac and Excel 2011 (or above version)
HOW TO USE THE TEMPLATE
Enter list of products and re-order points in the Products worksheet
Product Category: This allows you to categorize products. If you have numerous products, categorizing similar products together can help in understanding product performance.
Re-order Point: Amount that you set for each product, where when the current inventory level hits that amount, you will place a new purchase order to replenish inventory. (For more, read Re-Order Point Article in Wikipedia)
Enter the line items for all the orders (both purchase and sale) in the Orders_and_Inventory worksheet
If you have any existing inventory when you start using the template, enter them first. You can then continue to enter your new orders (purchase and sales) as they happen. The template will then give you accurate count of your inventory.
- Order Number: This Order number is not used in the template to calculate anything. This has been provided for you to track your orders easily. You can filter the Orders table by choosing specific order number to see all the items in that order. If your systems generate any order numbers, you can enter them here. If you don’t have any such systems, you can create your own. The only recommendation is that you should have a unique order number for each order.
- Order Type: There are two types of Orders: Purchase and Sale. When you place an order to acquire products from suppliers, it is called a Purchase order. When your customer places an order to buy products from you, it is called a Sale.
- Order Date: For Purchase orders, this is the date when the order is placed by you to your supplier. For Sale orders, this is the date when the order is placed by your customer to you.
- Expected Date: For Purchase orders, this is the date when the inventory becomes available for you to sell. For Sale orders, this is the date when the inventory will leave you to the customer.
- Partner: For Purchase orders, your supplier is the Partner. For Sale orders your customer is the Partner.
- Quantity: Number of units of products. The unit can be any numeric value. Even if your unit is not whole numbers, you can still use the Quantity field.
- Unit Price: In Purchase orders, this is the cost of buying one unit of the product. In Sale orders, this is the revenue from selling one unit of the product.
- Amount (Calculated field): (Unit Price X Quantity) = represents the amount of money. In Purchase orders this would be money leaving you and in Sale orders, this would be money that customers pay you.
- Inventory Availability (Calculated field): This is the quantity (number of items) of the product available in inventory as of the Expected Date.
View information about overall inventory availability
Inventory Spreadsheet Excel Template – Summary Metrics
- Current Inventory of a product = (Total Purchases of Product – Total Sales of Product) as of today
- Products Available: Number of Products where the current inventory level is greater than 0.
- Quantity: Total Number of items of all Products currently available
- Products to Re-order: Number of Products where the current inventory is less than or equal to the re-order point
- Order Items that cannot be fulfilled (Current): Among the orders where the fulfillment date is less than or equal to today, number of line items in orders where the available inventory is less than the Sale quantity
- Order Items that cannot be fulfilled (Future): Among the orders where the fulfillment date is in the future, number of line items in orders where the available inventory is less than the Sale quantity
View details of one specific product
Choose a product from the drop down and see details of that specific product.
Choose Product to view current inventory
- Pending Purchase Quantity: Quantity in the Purchase Orders that are expected to be available in the future
- Pending Sale Quantity: Quantity in the Sale Orders that are expected to be delivered in the future
View products to re-order
If there are line items that cannot be fulfilled or if there are products to re-order, take actions appropriately
View the Report worksheet to understand the purchase/sales trends and also to identify the top performing products and most valuable suppliers/customers.
Since there are pivot tables and charts, please refresh the data by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F5 or going to DATA ribbon and selecting Refresh All. This updates the charts with your new transactions.
The report sheet has slicers (filters) at the top.
Amount and Cumulative Amount by Month
Quantity and Cumulative Quantity by Month
Amount distributed across Product Categories by Month
Quantity distributed across Product Categories by Month
Amount Distributed across Partners
Product Ranking based on Sales Amount or Quantity
If you find the template useful, please share it with others. If you have any feedback, please share it in the comments below.
I want a detail solution for my business (Distribution of Detergent ) including all the necessary tasks from receiving stocks to sold stocks and its cost analysis and also for the profit/loss of the business
Thank you for showing interest in our template.
Following link contains the current version of retail inventory tracker template:
Our Premium version of the template contains the profit loss calculation and advance report:
We also take customization projects for a fee. Please share your list of requirements at the below link for estimation:
hi, do you have template for Inventory Analysis
Thank you for showing interest in our template.
In our retail business manager template, you can use our report session to analyse the sales and inventory of top sold products and more.
Hello, do you have a template for invoices? Something where you can save customers list, product lists, discount option, optional taxes, shipment fees and generally customization of the invoice.
Thanks a lot in advance
Thank you for showing interest in our templates.
Requesting to check our Sales Invoice template at the below link, which has all the requested features:
If you want to track inventory along with generating an invoice, requesting to check our inventory management templates at the below link:
I am interested in the of Inventory and Sales template. Would you be able to add a report for the complete inventory stock? What would be the price and the time to deliver the complete report? It is for a small business. Thank you
Thank you for showing interest in our template.
We take customization project for additional fee. Requesting to share your requirement to email@example.com for estimation. Also please let us know whether the requirement is for Retail or Rental or Manufacturing inventory management template.
Following are the premium version of Retail, Rental and Manufacturing inventory and sales management templates:
https://indzara.com/product/retail-business-manager-excel-template/ – Retail (Single Location)
https://indzara.com/product/retail-inventory-and-sales-manager-excel-template/ – Retail (Multiple Location/Warehouse)
https://indzara.com/product/rental-inventory-sales-manager-excel-template/ – Rental
https://indzara.com/product/manufacturing-inventory-sales-manager-excel-template/ – Manufacturing
good implementation but order type to have return and damage product options.
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.
We will definitely consider your suggestion on the next version of the template.
Hello, I want to add 20,000.00 products. But I see only 2000.00 rows are visible.
How can I see my 20,000.00 products?
Thank you for using our template.
You will have to unhide HELP tab and expand the formulas in column A to column O for more rows beyond 2003 to increase the product limit.
When I click refresh the “ORDER YEAR” table in the report vanishes.
Am I doing something wrong or did i enter something wrong?